Taking pictures has never looked this good. The ultra-slim Optio S1, with its all-metal body with rounded corners and high reflective, mirror-like surface, proves that fashion and function can go hand in hand. It features a wide angle 5X optical zoom lens, 14 megapixel sensor, 2.7 inch LCD and HD video capabilities. Triple Shake Reduction technology ensures sharp images, even in the most challenging lighting conditions.
- With meticulous attention given to every single design detail, the Optio S1 is a stylish, beautifully designed camera that you won’t want to hide in a pocket or carrying case.
- Combining approximately 14 effective megapixels with the PENTAX-developed imaging engine and high-performance PENTAX zoom lens, the Optio S1 delivers brilliant, high-quality images with well-defined details.
- 5X wide angle optical zoom lens, covering an angle of view equivalent to approximately 28 to 140 mm in 35 mm format, is ideal for shooting a broad spectrum of subjects, from landscapes to indoor, portrait or group photos.
- The large, easy-to-view 2.7-inch LCD monitor with approximately 230,000 dots allows you to check composition and camera settings with just a quick glance.
- Triple Shake Reduction technology includes Sensor-Shift Shake Reduction (SR), offering a camera-shake compensation effect equivalent to approximately 3 shutter steps, High-Sensitivity shake reduction mode (Digital SR) via high ISO, and Movie SR, for sharp images, even in the most challenging lighting conditions.
- Capture beautiful, flawless movie clips at 16:9 high-definition TV proportions (1280 x 720 pixels) at a frame rate of 30 frames per second. An independent Movie REC button on the back panels allows you to instantly start movie recording from any shooting mode without delay.
- Shoot perfect portraits with fast Face Detection, Smile Capture, and Blink Detection, combined with powerful portrait processing modes for pleasing composition and skin tone.
- PENTAX Auto Picture mode takes the guesswork out of photography by analyzing the scene and setting the best corresponding shooting mode.
- Capture images remotely with infrared remote control capabilities (using optional PENTAX remote control).
- D-Range setting prevents washed out highlights (overexposed) and blocked up shadows (underexposed) in your pictures.
- Image viewing, editing and filing software included: MediaImpression 3.0 for PENTAX (Windows version) and MediaImpression 2.1 for PENTAX (Macintosh version)
Optio S1 Features
Optio S1 Specifications
|Type||1/2.3 inch interline transfer CCD with primary colour filter|
|Effective Pixels||14 megapixels|
|Total Pixels||14.48 megapixels|
|Recorded Resolutions||Still: 14M (4288x3216), 10M (1:1, 3216x3216), 10M (16:9, 4224x2376), 7M (3072x2304), 2M (16:9, 1920x1080), VGA (640x480)
Movie: 1280x720p30/15, 640x480p30/15, 320x240p30/15
|Type/construction||PENTAX zoom lens, 9 elements, 8 groups (4 aspheric elements)|
|Focal length (equiv.)||5-25mm (28-140mm)|
|Intelligent zoom||Approx 7X at 7M to 33.5X at VGA|
|Type||2.7” widescreen TFT colour LCD w/anti-reflective coating
Resolution: 230,000 dots
|Type||Built-in series control auto flash|
|Modes||Auto, Flash Off, Flash On, Auto + Redeye, On + Redeye|
|Effective range||3.6m (wide, auto ISO), 2.5m (tele, auto ISO)|
|Type||TTL contrast detection autofocus|
|Focus modes||9 point AF, Spot AF, Auto Tracking AF, Macro, Super Macro, Infinity Landscape, Pan Focus, Manual Focus|
|Focus lock||Yes, by pressing the shutter release button half way|
|Focus range||Normal: 0.4m to infinity (wide), 1.0m to infinity (tele)
Macro: 0.1-0.5m (wide), 0.3 -0.5m (medium tele length)
Super Macro: 0.05-0.3m (wide)
|Type||TTL metering. Choice of Multi-segment metering, Centre-weighted metering, Spot metering|
|Exposure Compensation||±2EV(1/3EV steps)|
|Auto||64-800, Digital SR 64-6400 (ISO 3200-6400 5M)|
|Manual||64-6400 (ISO 3200-6400 5M)|
|Modes||Auto, Daylight, Shade, Tungsten light, Fluorescent light, Manual setting|
|Still||Sensor-Shift SR, Digital SR (ISO 3200-6400 5M)|
|Type||Programmed AE electronic lens shutter with CCD electronic shutter|
|Shutter speed||1/1600 sec to 1/4 sec (up to 4 sec in Night Scene mode)|
|Mode selection||One Shot, Self Timer, Continuous, Burst, Remote Control|
|Self-timer||Yes (10 sec, 2 sec)|
|Remote control||Infrared (using optional PENTAX remote Controller)|
|Mode selection||Auto Picture (Landscape, Portrait, Night Scene, Night Scene Portrait, Standard, Flower, Sport, Candlelight, Blue Sky, Sunset, Text, Group Photo, Portrait x Blue Sky, Portrait x Sunset, Portrait x Backlight), Program, Blue Sky, Landscape, Flower, Sunset, Night Scene, Night Scene Portrait, Portrait, Natural Skin Tone, Food, Digital SR (ISO 3200-6400 5M), Kids, Pet, Sport, Surf & Snow, Fireworks, Frame Composite (3M), Party, Candlelight, Text, Miniature Filter (5M), HDR Filter, Movie, Green, Voice Recording|
|Face detection||Yes (up to 16 faces), Smile Capture, Blink Detection|
|Date stamp||Yes, date, date-time, time (not available in Green mode)|
|Dynamic Range Adjustment||Yes, highlight and shadow correction|
|Mode selection||One Shot, Index (4 or 9 thumbnails), Magnification, Movie Playback, Sound Playback, Histogram, Folder Display, Select & Delete, Calendar|
|Mode palette||Slideshow, Image Rotation, Miniature Filter (5M), HDR Filter, Digital Filter, Frame Composite (3M), Movie Edit, Redeye Edit, Resize, Cropping, Image & Sound Copy, Voice Memo, Protect, DPOF, Startup Screen|
|Digital filters (playback)||B&W, Sepia, Toy Camera, Retro, Colour, Colour Extract, Colour Emphasis, Soft, Brightness|
|Movie edit||Save As Still Image, Movie Divide|
|Still||JPG (EXIF 2.3), DCF 2.0, DPOF, Print Image Matching III|
|AVI (Motion JPG)|
|Sound||WAV (PCM), monaural|
|Removable memory||SD, SDHC, SDXC|
|Ports||USB 2.0 hi-speed, AV out|
|Video out||NTSC, PAL|
|Power source||Rechargeable Li-Ion battery D-LI78|
|Recordable images||Approx 180*|
|Playback time||Approx 120 min**|
|Movie recording time||Approx 70 min**|
|Audio recording time||Approx 110 min**|
|AC adapter available||n/a|
|* Recording capacity above shows approximate number of shots recorded during CIPA-compliant testing. Actual performance may vary depending on operating conditions.
** According to the result of PENTAX in-house testing.
|Dimensions||90.5 x 54.5 x 20.5 mm (W x H x D)|
|Weight||Without battery or removable memory: 110g
Loaded and ready: 126g
|Languages||English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Thai, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese|
|Computer System Requirements*|
| *For device connectivity. Bundled software requirements may vary.
Windows: Windows XP(SP3)/Vista/7, USB port
Mac: Mac OS 10.3.9, 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, USB port
Optio S1 Accessories
Rechargeable L-ION Battery D-L178
Model No. 39741
Battery Charger Kit K-BC78U
Model No. 39746
Waterproof Remote Control O-RC1
Model No. 39892
Remote Control F
Model No. 37377
What’s In the Box
- Optio S1
- Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery D-LI78
- Power Adapter Kit
- USB Cable
- AV Cable
- Software CD-Rom