Track every step of the way with the PENTAX GPS Unit O-GPS1 for PENTAX DSLR cameras. This versatile, weather-resistant GPS unit tracks both basic geographical and celestial body location data for earthbound and astrophotography purposes.
- Compatible with the PENTAX K-3, K-5II, K-5IIs, K-50 and 645D.
- The O-GPS1 mounts on and connects through the hotshoe of a compatible PENTAX camera and records the latitude, longitude, altitude, coordinated universal time (UTC) and direction of the camera lens for the shooting location on the camera LCD and in the Exif data of captured images.
- When mounted on the PENTAX K-3, K-5II, K-5IIs or K-50 camera body, the O-GPS1 offers the advanced ASTROTRACER function*, which couples the unit with the camera’s SR (Shake Reduction) system for the effortless tracking and photographing of celestial bodies.
* ASTROTRACER function is not compatible with the 645D
- Simple Navigation function calculates the direction and distance to a given destination from the current position. Locate destinations using location data stored in the Exif data of recorded images, or register and/or assign them by uploading location data created on a PC.
- Electronic Compass function displays the camera’s lens direction in relation to true north on the camera's LCD monitor with great precision. Directional data can also be recorded in the Exif data of captured images.
- Simplified weather-resistant construction for use in light rain.
- Powered by one AAA-size battery.
|Type||Clip-on GPS unit|
|Recorded Information||Latitude, Longitude, Altitude, Time (UTC), Direction|
|Receiving Function||Tracking Channels: 50
Supports SBAS (WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS)
|Acquisition Time||Cold-start: approx. 40 seconds
Hot-start: approx. 5 seconds
|Positioning Interval||1 Second|
|GPS Accuracy||10m RMS|
|Geodesics||World Geodetic System (WGS84)|
|Electronic Compass||Accuracy: ±5° (precise calibration)
Positioning Interval: approx. 8 times
Reference Direction: True North
|Dimensions||Approx. 49.0mm (W) x 33.0mm (H) x 59.5mm (D)|
|Power Source||AAA battery x 1
(alkaline battery, nickel-metal hydride battery, or lithium battery)
|Battery Life||approx. 7 hours (23°C) / 4 hours (0°C) with alkaline battery
approx. 7 hours (23°C) / 5 hours (0°C) with nickel-metal hydride battery
approx. 12 hours (23°C) / 9 hours (0°C) with lithium battery
|Weight||Approx. 61g (including alkaline battery), approx. 50g (unit only)|