Firmware Update Software for K-5
Downloads : Firmware Update
Thank you for using a PENTAX K-5 digital camera.
PENTAX wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.14 for K-5.
Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.
Changes to V1.14
- Optimized contrast AF when using [HD PENTAX-DA 560mmF5.6ED AW] lens.
- Improved stability for general performance.
Changes to V1.13
- Improved reliability of recording operation when using SDXC memory card.
Changes to V1.11
- Corrected method for obtaining GPS data when developing RAW images that contain GPS data.
Changes to V1.10
- Correspond to GPS unit [O-GPS1].
Changes to V1.03
- Improved the accuracy of auto focus in low-intensity light condition.
- Improved stability for general performance.
Changes to V1.02
- Compatible with SDXC memory card.
* Transfer rate is not compatible with UHS speed class.
- All ISO sensitivity setting can be used on Bulb mode.
- Improved functional sequence for Contrast AF and improved total speed until in focus.
Changes to V1.01
- Increases the number of continuous shot at RAW format and High sensitivity shooting.
Ex. Setting condition: RAW/ISO100, Increases the number of continuous shot from maximum approx. 8 frames to approx. 20 frames.
- Improved stability for general performance such as exposure range on HyP mode
- Only K-5 users are permitted to download the firmware update.
PENTAX Firmware Update Software for K-5
Name PENTAX Firmware Update Software for K-5 Registered name k5_e114w.exe (For Windows 9,945 Kbytes) , k5_e114m.zip (For Mac 9,878 Kbytes) Applied product K-5
To check the version number, turn your camera on while holding down the MENU button.
The version number will appear in the center of the LCD screen.
Updated firmware file For Windows : LHA self-extract file, For mac : zip type Release date 2013/01/31 Copyright PENTAX RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Preparation of update
- Blank, formatted SD/SDHC card (32MB or more)
- USB cable I-USB7
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD/SDHC card by connecting the camera directly to your computer.
- SD/SDHC card reader or a computer with a SD/SDHC card slot.
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD/SDHC card using a memory card reader / writer.
- Fully charged battery (D-LI90)
Download the updated firmware file
- For Windows : k5_e114w.exe --- 9,945 Kbytes, LHA type, self-extracting files
- For Macintosh : k5_e114m.zip --- 9,878 Kbytes, zip type
Extract downloaded file
The following two files will be generated once the downloaded file is extracted by double-clicking.
- readme.txt: The text file that explained update procedure in details.
- Fwdc209b.bin: This is the updated firmware.
Copy fwdc209b.bin file to SD card
After formatting the SD/SDHC card, copy the fwdc209b.bin file to the route directory of the SD/SDHC card.
Please read the readme.txt file attached to the firmware update before updating the firmware.
- This software may only be used by users who own the K-5.
- This software is covered by a software license agreement. Please read the software license agreement before downloading the software.
- You will have agreed with this software license agreement when the download starts.
PENTAX Firmware Update Software for K-5 Software License Agreement
The customer (hereinafter "the user") shall verify the following items below related to the use of the licensed software supplied to the user by PENTAX RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. (hereinafter "PENTAX RICOH IMAGING").
- Definition of terms
- Licensed software: "Licensed software" means the captioned program in a format that the user can download from the PENTAX RICOH IMAGING website or from a site empowered by PENTAX RICOH IMAGING.
- Use : "Use" means the user downloading and retrieving the licensed software from the PENTAX RICOH IMAGING website or from a site empowered by PENTAX RICOH IMAGING.
- Designated machine: "Designated machine" means the single computer system set up in order for the user to use the licensed software.
- Reproduction: "Reproduction" means reproducing the licensed software on a storage device in the same format as the user downloaded or a different format.
- Modification: "Modification" means performing alternations or making additions to the licensed software, or creating separate software that makes use of all or a portion of the licensed software.
- Grant of license
PENTAX RICOH IMAGING grants a non-exclusive license to the user on the condition that the user uses the licensed software in accordance with the terms and conditions of this software license agreement. The user may only use the licensed software on the designated machine.
Reproduction of the licensed software
The user shall not reproduce the licensed software for purposes other than to save and backup the licensed software intended for use on the designated machine.
- Modifying the licensed software
The user shall not modify or reverse engineer the licensed software for any reason.
- Property rights and copyright
The copyright and other property rights for the licensed software and for reproductions of the licensed software belong to PENTAX RICOH IMAGING regardless of any reason. The user shall not remove the copyright notations from the licensed software or from reproductions of the licensed software.
- Grant of sublicense
The user shall not transfer possession of the licensed software or reproductions of the licensed software to third parties, and the user shall not transfer the license nor grant a sublicense of the licensed software to third parties.
- Agreement period
This software license agreement is effective on the day the user starts using the licensed software and is valid until the time the user stops use. Provided that, when the user has violated any portion of this software license agreement, PENTAX RICOH IMAGING may revoke the license granted to the user for the licensed software and terminate the software license agreement.
- Obligations after termination
After the software license agreement is terminated, the user, at the user's own responsibility, shall dispose of the licensed software after rendering it into a state where it cannot be used by third parties, and dispose of reproductions and modifications of the licensed software, and all materials related to the licensed software.
- Guarantee of the licensed software
PENTAX RICOH IMAGING shall not guarantee that the licensed software is suitable for the user's designated purposes, or that the licensed software is useful, or that this licensed software is free from defects, nor shall PENTAX RICOH IMAGING make any other guarantees related to the licensed software.
- Exporting the licensed software
The user shall not directly or indirectly export all or a portion of the licensed software without obtaining the necessary permission from the Government of Japan or the governments of the relevant countries.
- PENTAX RICOH IMAGING's responsibilities
PENTAX RICOH IMAGING assumes no responsibility under any circumstance for direct or indirect damage or damage from ripple effects that occurs from using the licensed software, for damage to data, programs, or other intangible properties, or for loss of usage benefits and lost profits.
- Responsibility for employees
The user assumes all responsibility that the user's employees (those employees that the user has a responsibility to manage or monitor based on an employment relationship) fully comprehend the obligations set forth in this software license agreement and faithfully fulfill those obligations.