Firmware Update Software for K10D
Downloads : Firmware Update
Thank you for using a PENTAX K10D digital camera.
PENTAX wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.31 for K10D.
Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.
Changes to V1.31
The following function have been added on Version 1.31
- Improved stability of recording image for some SDHC Memory card.
Changes to V1.30
The following function have been added on Version 1.30
- Correspond to PENTAX DA lens which built-in supersonic motor (SDM System)
Changes to V1.20
- Correspond to PENTAX REMOTE Assistant 3
Changes to V1.11
- Correspond to development in the RAW data camera when multiple exposing.
- When built-in flash is used the luminescence control by the trailing-shutter-curtain sync was corrected.
Changes to V1.10
The following function has been added in version 1.10
- Wireless control of external flash through built-in flash.
- Instantly return to centre AF point by one push of button in AF select mode.
- Possible to change ISO setting by dial at TV/AV mode.
- ISO setting change by dial while the ISO setting is being displayed on the LCD by pushing OK button.
- Green button function in M mode is available at TAv mode (Hyper manual).
- AV and TV switch by dial at P mode.
- Instant return to the default value by green button at strobe light compensation.
The following contents have been corrected.
- In rare case, vertical stripe at long time exposure.
- Released “B exposure” and show battery empty sign when using B mode.
- Only K10D users are permitted to download the firmware update.
PENTAX Firmware Update Software for K10D
|Name||PENTAX Firmware Update Software for K10D|
|Registered name||k10e131w.exe (For Windows 1,600Kbytes) , k10e131m.zip ( For Mac 1,521 Kbytes)|
|Applied product||K10D ( Version 1.00 / 1.10 / 1.11 / 1.20 / 1.30)
To check the version number, turn your camera on while holding down the MENU button. The version number will appear in the center of the LCD screen.
|Updated firmware file||For Windows : LHA self-extract file, For mac : zip type|
Preparation of update
- Blank, formatted SD card (16MB or more)
- USB cable I-USB17
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD card by connecting the camera directly to your computer.
- PC card reader or a computer with a PC card slot
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD card using a memory card reader / writer.
- Fully charged battery (D-LI50)
Download the updated firmware file
- For Windows : k10e131w.exe --- 1,600 Kbytes, LHA type, self-extracting files
- For Macintosh : k10e131m.zip --- 1,521 Kbytes, zip type
Extract downloaded file
The following two files will be generated once the downloaded file is extracted by double-clicking.
- readme.txt: The text file that explained update procedure in details.
- fwdc162.bin: This is the updated firmware.
Copy fwdc162.bin file to SD card
After formatting the SD/SDHC card, copy the fwdc183b.bin file to the route directory of the SD/SDHC card.
Please read the readme.txt file attached to the firmware update before updating the firmware.