Firmware Update Software for K110D
Downloads : Firmware Update
Thank you for using a PENTAX K110D digital camera.
PENTAX wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.02 for K110D.
Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.
Changes to V1.02
- Addition of compatible SDHC Memory card
Changes to V1.01
- Support for SDHC Memory cards.
* The focal length which is input on the [Shake Reduction] menu can be displayed with Pentax Photo Browser3.
- Only K110D users are permitted to download the firmware update.
PENTAX Firmware Update Software for K110D
|Name||PENTAX Firmware Update Software for K110D|
|Registered name||Kc1_v102w.exe ( For Windows 1,097 Kbytes), kc1_v102m.hqx ( For Mac 1,258 Kbytes)|
|Applied product||K110D ( Version 1.00 /1.01)
To check the version number, turn your camera on while holding down the MENU button. The version number will appear in the center of the LCD screen.
|Updated firmware file||For Windows : LHA self-extract file, For Mac : BinHex type|
Preparation of update
- Blank, formatted SD card (8MB or more)
- USB cable I-USB17 If you are copying
the firmware update file to the SD card by connecting the camera directly to your computer.
- PC card reader or a computer with a PC card slot
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD card using a memory card reader / writer.
- We recommend using the AC adapter (K-AC10) for update firmware.
If you are using a CR-V3 lithium battery or AA batteries, make sure that batteries are fresh
Download the updated firmware file
- For Windows : kc1_v102w.exe --- 1,097 Kbytes, LHA type, self-extracting files
- For Macintosh : kc1_v102m.hqx --- 1,258 Kbytes, BinHex type, StuffIt Expander is required to extract the file
Extract downloaded file
The following two files will be generated once the downloaded file is extracted by double-clicking.
- readme.txt: The text file that explained update procedure in details.
- fwdc165b.bin: This is the updated firmware.
Copy fwdc165b.bin file to SD card
After formatting the SD/SDHC card, copy the fwdc183b.bin file to the route directory of the SD/SDHC card.
Please read the readme.txt file attached to the firmware update before updating the firmware.