PENTAX Firmware Update Software for OptioWP
Downloads : Firmware Update
Thank you for using a PENTAX OptioWP digital camera. PENTAX wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.01 for optioWP.
Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital camera
OptioWP Firmware Update
|Name||PENTAX Firmware Update Software for OptioWP|
|Registered name||ow_v101w.exe ( For Windows 1.840 Kbytes), ow_v101m.hqx ( For Mac 2.397 Kbytes)|
|Applied product||OptioWP ( Version 1.00)|
|Updated firmware file||For Windows : LHA self-extract file, For Mac : BinHex type|
|Copyright||PENTAX RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.|
Changes to V1.01
- “Automatic tracking AF” function can be selected from the Menu in the camera.
Automatic tracking AF --- The camera keeps the moving subject in focus until the shutter release button is pressed fully.
* This function does not work when the camera is set on Green mode, Fireworks mode or Picture voice.
- Only OptioWP users are permitted to download the firmware update.
Preparation of update
- Prepare a SD memory card with minimum memory capacity of 16MB for use in updating. This SD memory card should be freshly formatted by your camera.
- USB cable (I – USB7)
- Have your AC adapter (K-AC8) ready for use during the update, or make sure your batteries are fresh and have a full charge. If the power of the camera goes off due to a battery power shortage or any other reason during updating, the camera may become in-operatable unless repaired. If a repair is required as a result of a power shortage or mishandling during firmware updating, repair fees will be charged even if the camera is still under warranty
Download the updated firmware file
- ow_v101w.exe (For Windows) - self-extract file
- ow_v101m.hqx (For Mac) --- StuffIt Expander is required to extract the file
Extract downloaded file
The download file will be generated once the downloaded file is extracted by double-clicking Readme.txt: The text file that explained update procedure in details. fwdc134p.bin: This is the Updated firmware.
Copy updated firmware to SD card
After formatting the SD card, copy the updated firmware to the route directory to the SD card
Please read the readme txt file attached to the firmware update before updating the firmware