Firmware Update Software for *ist DS
Downloads : Firmware Update
Thank you for using a PENTAX *istDS digital camera.
PENTAX wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.02 for *istDS.
Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.
Changes to V2.02
- Addition of compatible SDHC Memory card
Changes to V2.01
- Support for SDHC Memory cards.
* The focal length which is input on the [Shake Reduction] menu can be displayed with Pentax Photo Browser3.
Changes to V2.00
The following function were added in version 2.0
- Continuous AF" mode has been added to the AF settings in the Record Mode menu and AF.S /AF.C can be selected in the Menu
- Auto Sensitivity has been added in the sensitivity mode
- AE-L button on M has been added in the Custom menu.
- The effect of Digital soft filters can be selected from weak, middle or strong
- Dutch and Swedish languages has been added to the language
- The sample picture will be displayed in the LCD monitor when select picture modes
- For prevent the confusion, the item that was not able to be set by the menu, made a gray character.
Change to V1.02
- Correspond to the SD memory card greater than 1GB, also Version 1.02 include the additional function which was released at Version 1.01.
Change to V1.01
- At the long time exposure situation such as astronomical photography, green noise might be generated partially on the image when the noise reduction is turned on.
This phenomenon only occurs rarely under special shooting condition such as starry sky, and will never occur at the general situation that we are assuming.
The version 1.01 will minimize this phenomenon as much as possible for the customer who use *istDS for this purpose.
- Only *istDS users are permitted to download the firmware update.
PENTAX Firmware Update Software for *istDS
|Name||PENTAX Firmware Update Software for *istDS|
|Registered name||ds_v202w.exe ( For Windows 1,007 Kbytes), ds_v202m.hqx ( For Mac 1,174 Kbytes)|
|Applied product||*istDS ( Version 1.00 /1.01 / 1.02 /2.00/2.01 )
To check the version number, turn your camera on while holding down the MENU button. The version number will appear in the center of the LCD screen.
|Updated firmware file||For Windows : LHA self-extract file, For Mac : BinHex type|
Preparation of update
- Blank, formatted SD card (8MB or more)
- USB cable I-USB17 If you are copying
the firmware update file to the SD card by connecting the camera directly to your computer.
- PC card reader or a computer with a PC card slot
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD card using a memory card reader / writer.
- We recommend using the AC adapter (K-AC10) for update firmware.
If you are using a CR-V3 lithium battery or AA batteries, make sure that batteries are fresh
Download the updated firmware file
- For Windows : ds_v202w.exe 1,007 Kbytes, LHA type, self-extracting files
- For Macintosh : ds_v202m.hqx 1,174 Kbytes, BinHex type, StuffIt Expander is required to extract the file
Extract downloaded file
The following two files will be generated once the downloaded file is extracted by double-clicking.
- readme.txt: The text file that explained update procedure in details.
- fwdc131b.bin: This is the updated firmware.
Copy fwdc131b.bin file to SD card
After formatting the SD/SDHC card, copy the fwdc131b.bin file to the route directory of the SD/SDHC card.
Please read the readme.txt file attached to the firmware update before updating the firmware.