Firmware Update Software for *ist DL2
Downloads : Firmware Update
Thank you for using a PENTAX *istDL2 digital camera.
PENTAX wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.02 for *istDL2.
Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.
Changes to V1.02
- Addition of compatible SDHC Memory card
Changes to V1.01
- Support for SDHC Memory cards.
* The focal length which is input on the [Shake Reduction] menu can be displayed with Pentax Photo Browser3.
- Only *istDL2 users are permitted to download the firmware update.
PENTAX Firmware Update Software for *istDL2
|Name||PENTAX Firmware Update Software for *istDL2|
|Registered name||dl2v102w.exe ( For Windows 1,042 Kbytes), dl2v102m.hqx ( For Mac 1,211 Kbytes)|
|Applied product||*istDL2 ( Version 1.00 /1.01)
To check the version number, turn your camera on while holding down the MENU button. The version number will appear in the center of the LCD screen.
|Updated firmware file||For Windows : LHA self-extract file, For Mac : BinHex type|
Preparation of update
- Blank, formatted SD card (8MB or more)
- USB cable I-USB17 If you are copying
the firmware update file to the SD card by connecting the camera directly to your computer.
- PC card reader or a computer with a PC card slot
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD card using a memory card reader / writer.
- We recommend using the AC adapter (K-AC10) for update firmware.
If you are using a CR-V3 lithium battery or AA batteries, make sure that batteries are fresh
Download the updated firmware file
- For Windows : dl2v102w.exe --- 1,042 Kbytes, LHA type, self-extracting files
- For Macintosh : dl2v102m.hqx --- 1,211 Kbytes, BinHex type, StuffIt Expander is required to extract the file
Extract downloaded file
The following two files will be generated once the downloaded file is extracted by double-clicking.
- readme.txt: The text file that explained update procedure in details.
- fwdc150b.bin: This is the updated firmware.
Copy fwdc150b.bin file to SD card
After formatting the SD/SDHC card, copy the fwdc156b.bin file to the route directory of the SD/SDHC card.
Please read the readme.txt file attached to the firmware update before updating the firmware.